Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year





I went to Sacramento for the holidays, couldn't get much done here as it was anyway. There was 10 inches of snow on the ground when I left. Another 2 feet fell, while I was gone, and another 8 inches last night. But this morning it warmed into the 40's and everything is starting to melt.

Before I left, the electricians had installed most of the lights, switches, fire alarms, etc. but PUD hadn't switched power from the temporary pole to the permanent meter. That still isn't done yet today, but they should be out tomorrow. I've laid all the backer board for the floor tile, and I've found a new product (new to me) called Wendi Board for the showers and bath tub area. Supposed to be completely waterproof when installed correctly.

The fireplace finally arrived at Direct Buy while I was down south. Everything came except the blower for better heat circulation. I talked to the distributor, and the fireplace can be installed and used before the blower is installed, so I will be picking it up tomorrow and the installer will put it in Thursday. We still won't have the cap for the chimney, so no heat from that until later.

The electricians will be coming out Wednesday, so maybe then we can have power in the house and use the strip heaters in the air handler to heat the house. More expensive, but we can have the cabinets delivered.

When I got back from Sacto, the snow was so deep on the property that I had Joe Fazio come up and plow. And all that snow has to melt before he can work on the final grading. Slow Slow Slow