Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Bit of a Set Back


All but two of the windows have been installed. The last two were not supplied by the window company, especially for the price I wanted to pay. We need to get the glass block for the shower in the master bath and the basement window. We are also ordering the front door next week, and we will be able to lock the house up. Might even be able to bring up the first shipment of wine to put into the cellar.

Last Saturday, I finished sealing up a couple of windows and was working on putting up some Tyvek on the house. Did a miss step on the ladder and broke my heal. Next week, I get my permanent cast, and find out how long I'm out of commission. First diagnosis, no weight on my heal for 3 months.

Josh will be working up a bid to do the siding, and I'm working with two plumbers for the rough in. So things will still be progressing. Just going to cost more than anticipated.